Your First DrB Dental Visit
Your first visit as a new patient at DrB Dental is spent assessing your current oral health. If you have seen a dentist in the last two year, it would be helpful if you let our receptionist know. We will call the previous dentist and request your most recent x-rays, so we have them prior to your first appointment. For a new adult patient exam we need about an hour. However, if you have not seen a dentist in a long while it may take longer.
The usual sequence of a new patient exam is as follow:
• You will first meet our team, talk about your oral health concerns and review your medical/dental history.
• If needed, our dental assistant will take a series of x-rays which will be used by Dr. Bussieres to check for cavities, bone loss and other issues. These x-rays also help with the comprehensive dental exam that includes charting of all your existing dental work.
• Dr. Bussieres will then preform a thorough head and neck exam, an oral cancer exam, note any concerns such as jaw problems, cavities, broken teeth, gum health, gum recession and gum probing which evaluates bone loss due to gum disease.
• Photos will be taken of your teeth and gums, and a 3D scan of your mouth will be taken with the iTero scanner.
• Dr. Bussieres will then review all the information he has collected, list available treatments and answer any questions you may have. Together you will decide what treatment you would like to proceed with and he will then create a treatment plan and list appointments you will need.
Once Dr. Bussieres has completed his initial assessment you will meet either Dawn and Jacqueline, our hygienists, for your cleaning. They will use the information Dr. Bussieres charted to help guide them in their treatment. More visits may be necessary to finish the cleaning in some cases if it has been a long time since you have had your teeth cleaned and you have a lot of tarter (calculus) built up on your teeth.
Call us today. Come meet us and smile!